Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Powder Puffies

I had taken the courage to recite in my marketing class.
Question: How does knowing targeted demographics aid in marketing (aside from demographic specific products)?

My answer: In terms of age, of course physically, kids would have smaller sizes. Also children would like certain designs which may not be appealing to other age groups. Such as cartoon characters on their clothings, bedsheets and the like..

Our teacher kept throwing me questions and I kept answering them, until I ended giving the example of the Powerpuff girls.

"What are the powerpuff girls?" My teacher asked and I replied
"They're Frankensteins in the bodies of three cute little girls." The class went silent.

Okay its not exactly ideal to compare the cute Powerpuff girls with a monster such as Frankenstein, but in truth, he is no monster. He is a kind hearted fellow who just wants to find his place in the world, while the world torments him because of his difference (becoming the real monster). My analogy of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and the Powerpuff girls in simple, they are not human, they are created more specifically as an experiment, one as a success, and another as an accident.

I got the humor of the class back when my professor asked, "What do they do?"
I replied "They fight crime and save the world!"

Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup kick ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home