Saturday, October 08, 2005

Reviving My Culture

I wrote this poem last October 2 at around 2 to 3 am. It was a little after cleaning up the villa we rented in Fontana for our teambuilding (He Hu Po Youth Association). I have no idea why I wrote it. It's been quite a while since I last wrote a poem, and its about time I rewind and go back to my idle ways. It's a breakthrough really, since I've been stuck to writing rhyming poems which don't really mean anything significant at all, the traditional way, my traditional way. For most, this poem may sound junky, it may not mean anything at all, but to me, I guess its more of pent up emotions taking its toll on my mind.

A Poem For No One

He knows me
as he tears away
the cobwebs that cocoon my body
He drank with his lips - such luscious lips
my stagnation in my hermitage
and on his lips - those painful lips
did he confess of caverns found and voided
with the wisdom of a fool
and I such maiden
from the belly of a rib
to be mongst the letters
whose seals are knifed off with lips, ethereal lips.
Seals that are meant to encase and spell,
more than just mere letters,
from lips, godless lips,
that do tell upon the gossiping windless air
And shall my breath
reveal my hick,
be my hex, the curse of surrender
as my contentment
be my most disquieting of times.
Most turbulent for fear
that there be more
holes into which the ball (golf, perhaps)
may fall into.
More blankness, loss trials
(thus the first accomplishment mean less than the last)
I dare wish be last,
yet dare wish be nay
For I say nay to contentment,
to the prospect of our covenant
I say nay, but I mean ay
thus I say I am woman
and being such
entitle myself
to become capricious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home