Friday, February 24, 2006

Literary Gluttony

Background Song: "Pandora's Box" by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

I am never picky when it comes to books. I've been quite voracious when it comes to reading. I've been very open in giving my critiques of the books I've read. I need more literature..

Last time I went to Powerbooks, I've resolved that once I'm working, I'm going to allot at least 1000 pesos from my salary for books per pay day. I should keep my promises, even if its a promise to myself. Hope I won't forget.

I just want to list down my book wishlist at the moment should any good soul cast their eyes upon then and consider buying me a copy!

*Note: Some books are just recommended to me, others caught my attention by their informative book jackets, others are well.. classics.

(1) Mary Shelley - Frankenstein
(2) Paolo Coelho - By The River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept
(3) Paolo Coelho - The Alchemist
(4) Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
(5) Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
(6) Gabriel Garcia Marquez - 100 years of Solitude
(7) Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Chronicles of A Death Foretold
(8) Sandra Cisneros - The House on Mango Street
(9) Mark Haddon - Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
(10) David W. Elliot - Listen to the Silence
(11) Arlene J. Chai - The Last Time I Saw Mother
(12) Laura Esquivel - Like Water For Chocolates
(13) Murasaki Shikibu - The Tale of Genji
(14) Ben Okri - The Famished Road
(15) Yukio Mishima - Temple of the Golden Pavilion
(16) Jessica Hagedorn - The Dogeaters
(17) John Connolly - Nocturnes
(18) Geraldine Brooks - Years of Wonder: A Novel of the Plague
(19) Ha Jin - The Crazed
(20) Laura Joh Rowland - Perfumed Sleeve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home