Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Open Book Irony

I came in late for my Marketing Salesmanship class today, and yes - we are having our midterm examinations. It was an open book, open notes examination, unfortunately, being the diligent little student that I am, I have neither book nor notes - just my stock knowledge and common sense.

I finished the examination just in the nick of time, while my notes-happy friends who begun on schedule were not yet done. I believe that the open book gimik is simply a way to test how well and how confident one has grasped the lesson. Lack of assurance pushes one to go about scanning through the notes and book entries, which would undeniably take up much time. For others, open book quizzes allow them to study the lesson during the examination itself which although is helpful, could be completely disastrous. The irony of an open book examination is not to trust the book, but one's knowledge and understanding. Scanning the book at the last minute is no way to ace an over-60-items multiple choice test.

(Yabang ko, tapos bagsak rin pala ang mapapala kong grade! bwahaha!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home