Sunday, October 09, 2005

Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain

Last night it rained heavily, causing the streets to be congested with trucks and cars. The whole affair was disgraceful, having left the university at 9:30, we managed to arrive home at 11, a little before midnight. In the car, my head was throbbing, for no apparent reason, side from the fact that yesterday marked the first choir practice. The airconditioner was cool for the benefit of my mother and brother who were kind enough to fetch me despite the pounding rainshower; unfortunately having been drenched with rain water, I was shivering. The street just outside our university was flooded, and in order to get to the car, I would have to walk in the lake of heaven's tears mixed with the grime of the streets and perhaps canal water.

On our way home, I saw a man pissing in the flood, his exretions would definitely be part of the accumulation of liquids swaying with the waves caused by the cars. This situation perhaps demonstrates how ignorance could be blissful.

It was ironic though that the water from the skies inundated freely, flowing enthusiastically, dripping, dropping... while the cars are all halted, stopped by the overpopulation of vehicles on the streets.

----------------------------------------------------

Whenever I go to our bathroom to do my thing, I always seem to see the September 15 issue of The Philippine Daily Inquirer with Gloria saying I am politically stronger - and in my head I am saying, "Oh sure, but economically, were not getting any better. So who cares if you're politically stronger (you whore of a bitch! - I'm anti-administration, doesn't it show?)"

Although I am no longer as updated with the news as I was - having not read the newspaper for weeks, nor watched the news on television (having no cable at home loses the magic of tv viewing for me). I wonder if Santiago's claim of the threat that would occur should GMA not meet her resignation deadline (October 15) would hold water. Philippine Politics is sure interesting, we are not only led by morons who are vainly pursuing their own selfish purposes, we being the people have more or less been conditioned to view their outrageousness as if we're just watching another tele-serye. Our media is corrupted, backed primarily by capitalists and politicians, where is hope? Justice is dead. Our convictions, not founded on principles and evidences, but on sitations and unproven perceptions. We are blind mice - see how we run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home