Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Faiiiiiy......nalllllY

After almost two weeks of being unable to access blogger.. Internet connection's down due to the Dec 26 earthquake in Taiwan and it pissed the whole international communications system. Having so much to be said, now that I am facing this stupid textbox, I am completely at a lost of words - or is it simply because I feel like cursing out loud for having been made to wait so long just to be able type down my current events. It was simply frustrating, having not blogged for a long time and wanting to blog and blogger just won't friggin work!

This being the last day of nineteen year old-hood, I believe I am going to rant my heart out about what happened a couple of weeks ago which still has caught me shocked. I wanted to record it sooner but stupid earthquake prevented me from doing so. Pardon me should I be using any offensive terms. I am just feeling pissy at the moment.

Dec 27, 2006
I was completely dumbfounded when my dad asked me the queerest question ever. It was my grandfather's birthday and the family decided to eat out at Steak House. Mom and my siblings were away in Baguio for some scouting jamboree thus I had to just share the room with my dad. Just me and him.

My grandparents wanted to show off the sizzling plates to my aunt's foreigner husband (honestly, they treat this guy like anything.. we had buffets left and right in honor of this guest.. even kept praising Europeans as if they are of cultured, disciplined faultless beings) The restaurant offering a drink-all-you-can promo, I grabbed the opportunity. Drink drink drink.. Eat eat eat. When I got home, I started experiencing reflux. For those who don't know what reflux is - it's when food goes back through one's esophagus and into one's mouth. So I spit it out. Dad sees me doing that and gets concerned.. comes up to me and ask...

Dad - Be honest with me. Are you pregnant?
Me - No!! Hell no. What would make you say that?
Dad - You're throwing up.
Me - I drank alot, that's why my food runs up my throat and I just spit it out.
Dad - Pregnancy does that.
Me - It's in the middle of the night. Throwing up is morning sickness right.
Dad - I don't care. Tell me, are you pregnant or not?
Me - No!! I just had my menstruation..
Dad - (hesitantly) okay..

Damn it, I felt so uncomfortable with my dad the whole night, even today I still feel uneasy around his presence. I don't even have a tangible relationship with a guy, and here dad is suspecting me of throwing away my viriginity.. Uggghh!!! His lack of trust really pisses me off!..

4 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Tanis said...

Don't be too hard on your dad. I'm sure it's not that he doesn't trust you, dads just worry about everything. And face it, men are not tactful about things..........

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks tanis, I guess when I become a parent, I wouldn't know how to ask the same thing as well tactfully.. I understand his concern for me, but being caught completely off guard with that question really sent me all sorts of messages. I never really expected he'd ask something me like that - it was offensive to me despite the good intentions. oh well..

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you pregnant? :D joke!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

to chachoy:
Whappak!!!

to jenn:
haha, so know wat u min. mom makes fun of the many times dad embarased me esp bec he speaks with a really loud voice. one time, mom was away and my grandma gave me some money to buy myself a bra at marks and spencer's. i was such a kid that i didnt know wat to do.. dad took charge of the situation and went in the store and spoke with the saleslady.. i was outside and i could hear him.. "where's the bra section? my daughter wants to buy a bra..." pointing at me outside the store.. embarassment... hahaha

thanks jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home