Monday, March 27, 2006

Miss Chinatown

This afternoon was interesting. On my way to school, I had to ride a megataxi FX since I woke up late. There's no traffic, thankfully, since our university is the only university that has classes up to now. The FX driver was very friendly and began asking me.

Driver - Koreana ba kayo? (Are you Korean?)
Me - Hindi po. (No, I'm not)
Driver - E hapon? (Japanese?)
Me - Hindi rin po. May halong Chinese lang ho ako. (No, I'm not. I'm just part Chinese)
Driver - Okay lang ba ang aircon? (Is the aircondition ok for you?)
Me - Oho. (Yes)
Driver - Init kasi dito sa Pilipinas, ganito rin ba sa bansa niyo? (It's so hot here in the Philippines, is it the same in your country?)
Me - Manong, Filipino po ako. (Sir, I'm Filipino.)
Driver - Ganun ba? Gano katagal na kayo dito? (Really? How long have you been living here)
Me - Dito ho ako ipinanganak. (I was born here.)
Driver - Kaya naman pala galing mo mag-Filipino. (Oh, that's why you can speak Filipino.)

Why does every other driver bus and FX driver mistaken me for a Korean or a Japanese or a Chinese foreigner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home