Saturday, May 06, 2006

"How Much Does Life Weigh?"

I'm currently taking a 3-day seminar in script writing which happens every Saturday starting from last Saturday and ending next Saturday. It is a rough four hour course for every session, depending primarily on the length of the speaker's outline and the participants' queries.

This day, we watched the movie 21 grams, for the purpose of pinpointing the different key points that contributes to the paving of the status quos, building up of the climax and the unfolding of the eventual resolution.

They say 21 grams is the weight we lose when we die. The weight of five nickels, of a hummingbird, of a chocolate bar - and perhaps also of a human soul.

21 grams is a beautiful and complicated story which explores how one incident affects the meeting of three different people, the torment and tribulations each individual experiences related to that incident and the spoken epiphany that ties all up in the end. From a scale of 1-10, I'd rate this movie with a 9, since I find all aspects brilliantly interconnected and planted, but Naomi Watt's character felt somehow irrational and unbearable.. (or perhaps I just couldn't put myself wholly in her situation).

Watching the movie makes one realize the value of human relationships, disturbed human psyches - an overall appreciation of life.

*Oh, btw, it's an "R"-estricted film...

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

well, I don't really recall any vomit-worthy parts in the movie, although there were at least 3 sex scenes that I remember.

The accident though was something I could not imagine in my head. Three people in one blow? The thought of that is gruesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home