Sunday, April 23, 2006

Life Is Choice

Yesterday, my co-kagawads and I had a discussion regarding the current situation of our barangay. Apparently, the government agencies handling us have become stricter in implementing their procedures and protocols that we cannot take any more chances with our signatures being handled carelessly by the one mentioned in my Read Between The Lines, Leave Me Alone entry. It was told to us that he has been caught in a problem the year before because of these documents and if we're not careful, we might get pulled into his problem as well. Another information of chagrin is the fact that he has been receiving a monthly salary, in addition to bonuses from projects, we gave go-signs to with our signatures, which he never did mention to us, and thus never shared with us. Ignorance.. the devil!

Our superiors have expressed their disappointment in him, and one of them have already assigned me to confront the issue with him. I fear though if he would accept my proposition since my superior mentioned him going into fits in their previous confrontations. I hope things would go out smoothly and that he'd shape up somehow.

--------------------------------

Yesterday I met with my co-kagawads for the first time in years. An embarassing thing to admit, really - since it only goes to show how much we slacked off our duties and responsibilities as elected officials in our barangay.

One of them already has a one year old baby. It seems awkward to be looking at her, and rather than seeing her just as a peer, I see her now as a wife and mother. I kept looking at her, and thinking.. she's a mom!! It seems like a few years back that she was just with us campaigning, laughing about, dancing in our barangay presentations. She is maybe a couple of years older than I am, and I cannot believe that she's already bounded to the responsibility of motherhood, rather than spending time frolicking around the metropolis. Oh well... life is choice...

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Psychoasianlogist said...

impeach the damn guy! yea! ^_^

it's obvious that he's up to no good

get some other person to replace that guy

confrontation will not solve anything in this case, he lies and cheats, he will have his bitch fits again to try to intimidate u, its a defense mechanisms for those newbie liars

obviously, he has no interest for the barangay, only for himself, so there's no more reason to keep him

what i would do, impeach! replace! immediately, no amount of excuses can save him now, evidences have been stacked up and he's 100% guilty and undeserving to be in his position, yea! ^_^

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Jourdan, he's has a higher position than I do. I understand how you feel, but so far, our superiors intend to give him one last chance to somehow try and redeem himself.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Psychoasianlogist said...

awwww, fudge =p

tsk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home