Monday, May 01, 2006

To Buy or Not to Buy

It's going to be a hectic week. I have three pending bulletin boards, two of which are of my responsibility. One for our organization, while the second is for my mother - both are themed to the welcome the incoming freshmen. Currently, I am helping them with their bulletin for the Job Expo that will be happening in CCP in a few days. So much for May 1 Labor Day - No Classes, No Work...

------------

About the camera, I don't think my parents are so hot about the idea of me purchasing the 40k item (The camera is really more expensive, but I found a dealer willing to lower it to this price, and even lower if I am truly serious about it since my aunt is his friend). When I proposed to my parents that they pay for it first to avail the deal, then I'll repay them in a span of 2 years, they just turned their heads as if they didn't hear me.. I intended to give the same proposition to my grandparents, but decided against it after much self-debate. Oh well, I guess, I'd have to be patient and earn the camera myself.

The question I've been debating is: Need vs. Want. This is I guess the first time I encountered the I-can't-sleep-at-night-thinking-about-it problem. Sometimes I get into internal fits just wanting it so bad, but I guess this form of discipline and training from my parents would more or less make me a better and more independent individual. Suffer to succeed, I can't always get everything I want. Patience, patience, and perseverance.. *sigh... Well, at least the fact that I earned it with my own hard-earned cash would make me appreciate it and care for it more than my typical leave-it-lying-around habit.

Sourgraping... Technology evolves quickly anyway, who knows there's a better model with a steal of a price, out next time.. :)

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patience? Do you really want a camera that bad? My Suggestion... SUGAR DADDY =) That is if you can find one... hehehe

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

anyone applying? haha :D

i actually did make that suggestion..

mom replied.. "Over my dead body!" haha:)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

thanks jenn!!

so true, things we think are so important right now, may not be in the near future. in this time where intellect is power, innovation and constant changes are made to seem necessary to "catch up" with the times. Unfortunately these changes occur in such speed, almost simultaneously, that we never really learn to get contented with we have at the present - and true, what are expensive right now may not be equally pricy after a year..

well.. i hope your sis finds the laptop worth all the effort of paying off the loan. I'd like to believe that nothing is too tough for a satisfied customer :)

take care gurl!
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home