Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mothers Know Best?

My grandmother has been rushed to the hospital this morning and although I just learned that she is already on her way home at this moment, I cannot help but feel the guilt that I could've spent my time with her the evening before rather than dilly-dolly over watching my quiapo-bought dvds. Yes, I bought some new ones after almost a year of not visiting the pirated dvd haven.

My mother and I are not really in speaking terms, or let me rephrase that, she is acting awfully hostile towards me at the moment. The cause of my current conflict with my mother could be attributed somehow to one of the new DVD movies I bought, Memoirs of A Geisha. While viewing the movie, I had refused to vulgarly expose the events that would transpire. Being turned down doesn't seem to flatter my mother although I believe it is for the best. Having read the novel, they expect me to parrot out what would occur next, robbing them entirely of the whole experience - irritating me at some point because she had to ask even the most mundane occurences which is already self-explanatory had one been paying attention to the sequence.

To her greater chagrin, the movie had to be cut short since my brother believes the DVD player has already been overused for the night (we watched Prime prior to Memoirs of A Geisha) to function properly thus causing the images to skip. It seems that her patience cannot withstand the suspense of what may occur next, as I keep telling them, "just watch the movie, its a DVD anyway.". This morning, in repaying for my unwillingness to tell the subsequent events of the story, I was bombarded with a litany of curses and blames, ranging from my pride to my selfishness. And I was thinking, "just because of the movie? is it worth getting so worked up over?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home