Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Memory.. Life Was Beautiful Then..

Particular songs remind me of particular things. This post would more or less be 13 of my most memorable songs and the people who they remind me of. Songs with asterix (*) are among my faves.

(a) *Britney Spears - Anticipating
My only pop feel good song which soothes especially after a break-up.. wink wink
Person reminded: Aida Chua and Christel Wong for singing it to me over and over again when I was "down"

(b) Barry Manilow - Somewhere Down The Road
Person reminded: Heilyn Yung, always sings it to us on our way to the isawan.

(c) *Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me
My all-time favorite love song.
Person reminded: Alva, my scout Patrol Leader (PL) back in Grade 5.

(d) Shaggy - Angel
Person reminded: Calvin Monteverde, for singing that song for me on the phone.

(e) *Patty Smith - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
Person reminded: Joey de Guia, for our locker-room MTV. A very memorable song indeed.

(f) *Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
Persons reminded: Carl Patrick Nubla and Heilyn Yung, for our "erotic" scenes. As well as Joey de Guia for "directing".

(g) *Weird Al Yankovic - You Don't Love Me Anymore
Persons reminded: Jourdan Gan, Carlo Yap, Marie Ong and Edivita Ong. We were playing Weird Al Yankovic songs on the way to one of ELC's teambuildings, when suddenly Jourdan, Carlo and me went beserk to the embarassment and dismay of our two other companions.

(h) The Company - Pakisabi Na Lang
Person reminded: Charley Yap, back when I had a hopeless crush on him. Song selection was inspired by Marie Ong.

(i) O-Town - We Fit Together
Person reminded: Anne Charmagne Tan, back when "Superman" was courting her. wink wink.. the confession box!

(j) Blakdyak - Inlab
Person reminded: Marjorie Co, when we watched Ruffa Mae Quinto's "Radyo". Total laughtrip.

(k) Mayonnaise - Bakit Pa
Person reminded: Ben Fuentes, we were in his car with the windows down singing emphatically this song after watching an excruciating Eiga Sai movie at the UP Film Institute.

(l) *Wolfgang - Atomica
Person reminded: Chester Yap, the reason why I had a crush on him back in 1st year was because he knew this song.

(m) Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody
Persons reminded: Scythes! Winner of Song Interpretation.

* Extra information:
Another favorite song of mine.
True Faith - Kung Okey Lang Sayo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home