Thursday, December 22, 2005

Warning: Long Entry Ahead

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN:
3 days before Santa Clause Jr. realizes the true meaning of Christmas

--------------------

Damn, I should eat my words. For the past two weeks, I've used up a total of over 3 thousand pesos over unpremeditated merchandise. I am not an impulsive consumer and I don't have any firm decisions to start now. In my opinion though, I could somehow justify my spending spree - 800 for a silk sarong with Thai designs, 320 for a striking pair of everyday heels, 900 for my first two piece bathing suit ever since my body has matured into this monstrous bulk, and the rest for books and Christmas gifts. My mother though begins to doubt my self-"control" in my expenditures, repeating that I am an extremely voracious buyer. Perhaps I have gluttonous eyes, which drinks in almost everything I see, but my wallet - more specifically the money in it - is not as free flowing to begin with and thus, as my grandmother has often lectured me - "spend on things which are (a) food or (b) uncommon" and (c) - from my Econtwo prof - books!

--------------------

December 20, 2005 - Belated Happy 19th Birthday Marjorie!

Last Saturday, our long planned surprise has finally became a reality.

The plan
- buy a cake
- whole group goes to Marj's house with the candles already lit. SURPRISE.. sing sing sing...
- treat her to a night of relaxation at Ace Water Spa in Del Monte Street

Ace Water Spa was the perfect location for all of us, actually. All those who attended the said surprise gave me two thumbs up for my selection. What does it have? For 480 buckeroos, free lockers, use of the shower and dressing rooms with complementary shampoo and soaps and of course - access to the pools, the sauna and steam room. We particulary enjoyed the herbal hot pools, and dreaded the ice cold water plunge that awaited after each "hot pool" episode. After four hours, we were really "pooped" - running around in our bathing suits and getting massages here and there - whew! I intend on going back there again! Worth it, worth it, worth it.

--------------------

Christmas is a season trailed with a string of parties - God bless those generous superiors with a 13 month pay at their dispense.

JUMBO


A replica (information unsure) of the famous Jumbo restaurant in Hongkong could be found here in the Philippines positioned somewhere within the more interior areas of the CCP vicinity. It is docked a few feet away from Gloria Maris Roxas Blvd. My grandfather invited me to dine with him and his athletic association there.

The ambiance is extraordinary. Beautifully crafted furnitures, the interiors are divinely Chinese - a great emphasis on details. It is three floors high, with many Cathay artistries positioned strategically throughout the whole boat. Ambiance gets a 10/10 score from me. Food quality though does not. Even when we were served by the Four Top Chefs of the said restaurant, the food still remained of average standards. Gloria Maris Roxas delicacies are far better. Sound system is relatively good, although be warned that the mic for karaoke singing cannot be adjusted to suit one's pitch.

============

CAFEA

A cafe located near the ABS-CBN compound somewhere Scout Esguerra Street - the ambiance this afternoon was effective. Quiet. My mom and I had the whole place to ourselves.

As always, she's the coffee drinker while I prefer my tea. Her drink came in a large glass which took her almost ten minutes of concentration to complete consuming. On the other hand, my pot of Strawberry Banana tea took me a longer while to finish. The tea was quite strong as the pot empties. The food is so-so, nothing outstanding and yet nothing regretful. Price ranges from 80 pesos to 300. Overall impression - its a good place to chat.

============

CORDILLERA COFFEE

Found in Xavierville Avenue, Loyola Heights QC - Cordillera Coffee is a restaurant headed by an altruistic couple, Frank and Mary Grace Young, who are advocates in aiding the needs of the Filipino Cordillera Farmers. A cause which my mom and her friends support by donating to the farmers a monthly stipend of 500 pesos for the preservation of their culture, as well as funding for their occupational needs.

Cordillera Coffee is a small cozy cafe which serves superb Filipino cuisine - the proceeds are said to used also for the alleviation of the farmers' current conditions.

The Chocolate Cake is a must try, not to mention a very healthy alternative - or so they say! The All Day Breakfast meals comes with red rice, which is found to be also healthy for the body. The scrambled egg has an interesting twist to it. A should try! Pancit was a hands down for my tastebuds, being the non-pancit eating person, I enjoyed my plate.

Once again, my mom had coffee, while I had my pot of tea. Tea was good, especially when pure honey is added. The tea is said to be one of their more recent discoveries and is of "our" own. Like the coffee, it will be packaged for public distribution and will be released by January of 2006. Food prices marks from 80 pesos above.

--------------------

New blog layout! Thanks to Hazel who kindly did the HTML encoding as well as the navigational thingy. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home