Saturday, December 10, 2005

Swimmers in Our Genetic Pool

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN:
15 more days before Nicholas Cage becomes the Family Man

----------------------

Last Thursday, I slept at 6 am and woke up 2 hours later. Yes, its the week before finals and cramming is once again the prevalent trend. I had at last learned to create a presentable powerpoint with the new features for animation, entailed when one installs a Windows Xp software. It took me at least 7 hours to complete the slideshow and perhaps another hour to edit (change the colors, pictures, add couple more slides, etc.)

Checklist then was - paper for relstri (abortion), transcription of December 6, 2005 interview with Mr. Rafael "Apa" Ongpin (news anchor) for society class and powerpoint presentation with the proposed budget/topsheet all due on Friday. What did people in my family say? a.) I was chatting with my boyfriend (which was dismissed easily due to insufficient proof), b.) I was a crammer, c.) I should sleep else I begin having a pimple breakout or worsen my health, d.) sleep only when feel like it - to be taken in small doses throughout the day. (Thank God I finished all the requirements by Friday)

Special thanks to Marie and Elaine for helping me in the transcription, my brother for being so lenient in allowing me to use the laptop and bring it to school, Marie_obsessivecompulsive for being truly obsessive compulsive with regards to our powerpoint presentation, and to myself for not giving up no matter how tired I was! hahaha

----------------------

December 8 was Marie's birthday - she sent me Misua at home which intrigued the people in the household. It was also my grandfather's Chinese birthday. We had dinner at Yuujin, a Japanese resto that is also a residence (well looks like it) at Wilson's street. Food was so-so, appetizer was shrimp heads(?, according to my aunt) but I was stuffed full because my parents were seated on the other table allowing me the liberty to order all I like - california maki, tamago sushi, miso soup, unagi, Japanese beans (not sure what this is called), chicken teriyaki ju, tempura ice cream.. heaven!

P.s. I know where I'm supposed to sit next time.. guess who had the most pictures that night!? Obvious bang wala pa akong tulog?

Warning: pictures below!


My grandmother and me - embodying the Asian culture - check out our costumes!
(blur, i know)



Me and supposed twin - notice the difference. Although my dad insists that we both look like Abby, the Ugly Duckling.


According to folks, I look like my aunt too, who got her looks from my gramps.


Attack of the grandchildren


All in the family!


Okay - got carried away. I guess, one thing members in my family have in common is the passion for anything Asian, obsessed with the beauty of Asian cultures - heck, my aunts got married with Chinese themed gowns. Why can't people just appreciate the same?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home