Thursday, December 08, 2005

Social Drinking

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN:
17 days before Jack Pumpkin tries to take over Christmas!

--------------------------

Yesterday, Marie took me to visit Ben in Starbucks. Not being a coffee enthusiast, I have to admit that it took me a while before I could swallow the idea that I was really going to buy coffee on that particular day. My previous encounters with the drink were not as fulfilling as to be worth remembering - in fact most of the time I recall drinking coffee, I remember more prominently the nausea which I experience. I hate it when I indulge into something terribly sweet - although the first few bites may seem indulging, too much of the stuff would really cause me to be bitter. Today, I willingly spend money for coffee.. Is that supposed to be an achievement?

It feels unusally awkward to have a friend serve you - call your name like you're just one of the institution's customers. Drinking something which is technically done unlike the ideal - self made love products - doing things from the heart rather than just for pay. Practically speaking, nobody would survive in the competitve market with such a philosophy.

--------------------------------

For some reason, I usually experience a "sugar-rush-like" mode whenever I didn't have sufficient sleep the night before. Today, I was more noisy compared to my usual boisterous self. I made fun of people without shame - I took dares without considering consequences - lack of sleep perhaps affects the lucidity of thought that badly that my rationality seems to have disintegrated into nothingness for a temporary period. What did I do? I called to a basketball star player who I don't know. I became a kleptomaniac, hiding Marie's phone, hoping she'd freak out and I'd ride along with the whole panic state before returning the stolen merchandise. I was more bold in speaking with the ladies in stores - as in the girls in Starbucks where Ben works, made fun of him, had intentions of making a really big scene at the place by "accidentally" spilling my coffee, which I later reconsidered doing, asked Ben if I could go to Starbucks with an IOU, and was obscenely loud that I would have been extraordinarily embarassed should I be a passerby witnessing a lunatic perform the feats I've been doing. Thank God I can pretend its the sugar overdose of that crappy Creme Brulee grande frapuccino - at least I could pretend to think that it has served me well since I finished the shitty powerpoint presentation at three in the morning without any supplements as dinner, water or at least a candy to sip on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home