Saturday, December 03, 2005

Chopsuey

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN:
22 Days before Macaulay Culkin gets left Home Alone.

------------------

The supposed sleepover/ Fatal Frame III experience last night was unfortunately cancelled and moved to today. Unfortunately, due to the restrictions being enforced upon me by my parents, I felt it wise not to take the risk of endangering the current positive relationship I am having with them. Pushing them to the limits may put me in an undesirable situation as I have experienced a few months earlier with the dragon boat episode.

In order to compensate for the fact that I would not get to experience the nerve wrecking anticipation and excited screaming of playing the playstation game as I had intended, I decided to watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose by myself in the dark. It was not as scary as I had hoped, but it did wake my interest in the spiritual realm of religion. Questioning really, how is my relationship with my God?

I remember answering one of my damn philosophy majoring classmates in Religion Three when he insisted that the father of the prodigal son was stupid for accepting his rebellious boy. I argued that according to our previous lessons, the call of discipleship requires detachment, not only from materialism, but also to our own personal emotions. By complaining that the father was foolish, he failed to detach himself from the personal pain/hatred thus cannot say that he is exhibiting a good example of discipleship. The teacher agreed with me which rendered him speechless. He deserved it.

------------------

The outreach today was tiring. I had to find a way to soothe a crying kid who happens to act really spoiled. Later on, the child reciprocated my efforts and thus had neccessitated me to continue entertaining him. I carried the child back and forth, occasionally changing the way I was carrying him, as one of my orgmates mentioned, "ang likot niya, parang unggoy".

------------------

Watching Mrs. Doubtfire right now. Wicked, wicked, wicked! Fantastic really, Robin Williams did a fantastic job of role switching, I wonder what my dad looks like in Mrs. Doubtfire garb. The thought is repulsive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home