Sunday, December 18, 2005

Se7en

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN:
7 days before Jonathan Trager (John Cusack) and Sara Thomas (Kate Beckinsale) finally experience the magic of Serendipity

-------------------

They say that EQ or emotional quotient is a far greater deal important in contrast to a person's IQ or intelligence quotient, which is weighted often in one's academic achievements. (Click on this link to learn one's EQ - mine's 114, strongest suit is emotional management) The success of a person lies primarily on one's ability to adjust accordingly to specific environments, according to my previous readings. This lies in lieu with one's parents' parenting techniques. Parents' actions, as common knowledge would dictate, defines a child's reaction to particular stimuli.

This morning, I've been reading one of my mom's current buys, a book by John and Linda Friel called "The Seven Worst Things Parents Do". (For those interested in knowing the seven items on the list, check this link.)

It's quite an educational book, although most of the information are common in many how-to-parent books I've read so far. But I keep one thing in mind, which I guess applies to virtually every aspect of one's life, I cannot recall where I got this quote but it makes sense - When I had no children, I had ten theories on raising them. Now I have ten children, and no theories left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home