Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What Does It Take...

What does it take to get over someone? Is mere avoidance enough? Why are memories so prominent despite its worn out nature? Is it possible that such a person has struck a some isolated part of you which no other person has managed to tap? I am now facing the shadows of my thoughts that have haunted me for the past three years. The loss that had gripped me in its clutches, enslaved by that fear of losing someone dear again. Weighing pros and cons are not as simple as I had imagined - for to love means to give unconditionally, but to live means to rationalize and demand your worth. What has more weight?

I had read an online book about how guys are meant to treat women if they are really "into" them. Somehow, it gives a rigid description of women being treated like unquestioned goddesses - and although his (one of the co-authors') descriptions are undeniably idyllic, they just can't be generalized to all males. At this point, I still may be in the realm of denial. Ideally, men do court the women, men do call them often, men do try to win them over, men do exert effort in proving himself worthy of their time and love. Ideally, women's needs have to be satisfied, their wants to be given attention to, their expectations met, their worth not to be taken for granted. But I guess that doesn't happen all too often in real life. This perhaps is the rational aspect of relationships, but there is another side to the coin which is love. Setting a standard, an expectation that a man should meet makes the whole process a bit too technical, a bit too mechanical, a bit less than heartfelt. To act upon the demands of society, does not mean to act upon one's true will, and thus to give because it is expected in one's part does dampen the whole essence of an "I-love-you-you-love-me" relationship. In my opinon, a woman's worth is proven through a SERIES of heartfelt actions not by blindly following the norms.

I guess I am writing this out of disappointment which bore upon me from a relatively shallow reason. I can be a very, very shallow person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home