Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The New Year Has Begun

At approximately 9 am today, my new year has officially begun. It is a new set of joys and tribulations all rolled into another age number. For most part, I cannot understand how ecstatic this day is meant to make me feel, only the shallow acceptance that people are more inclined to abide by my will on this particular day above all days in the year. In fact, I cannot wait for the moment when I would completely forget the day and all that it is meant to signify to me. My birth could not possibly be any august than that of a child born in the slums or that child crying its first breath right now - they're all the same. And as I thrust further into this human existence do I find its entirety to be completely incomprehensible, unfathomable by my puny little brain - and the question that remains fixed upon me.. What now?

--------------------------------------

I have received most disappointing news today on my way to school. It appears that my father has exiled yet another of my furry friends. As he had accomplished to cage our little puppy years back.

There is a white feline in our house. Everyday she would wait outside our kitchen door, mewing at times. As a habit, I would go out at night and give her some bread. She is good, compared to our previous pet cats. Unfortunately, my father is not much of an animal lover; he threatened the maid to kill the cat (the same way he threatened to kill the puppy if it remains unchained) if he would catch sight of it again, because it irritates him to see it loitering patiently outside our doors. So, our maids had to throw it near one of the slum areas, and now I am worried how it is. I miss Ming..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home