Monday, May 15, 2006

Shifting Back to Femininity

A Belated Happy Mother's Day!

I've always questioned why there has to be a particular day dedicated to particular people. Mothers. Fathers. Teachers. Lovers.

Is this the day when we have to be extra sweet, extra nice, extra thoughtful and extra patient? Can't that be something that could be done every single day?

----------------------------

My brothers and I made a paper-mache barnhouse for my mom with a stuffed toy (cow, since mom is born under the astrological symbol of the bull) and our individual cards. I came up with the concept and my brothers and sister did the construction and painting. I embellished their finished work with strings and ribbons and sequins since the colors were done so dark that they themselves confessed how gloomy it first appeared. Mom liked it, or seemed to have liked it, since she was wiping tears off her eyes..

*I wonder - Why is it that mom gets so emotional with simple gifts like this, but often leaves the gift lying around the house in the next couple of days. While dad nods his head, says a short thank you, makes you think he's just trying to act nice - but next thing you know, you find your work neatly placed in a noticeable space on his work table? Hmmm..

The restos were all full-house yesterday. The family (extended family included) ate at a Chinese Resto in Benavidez. It was my first time to see my grandmother out of the house - aside from going to the hospital for her chemo.

As the day proceeded, we went to Forbes Park to visit my maternal grandmother (who came from Canada to check up on her mom) and great grandmother. She gave me a lipstick from my godmother living in the west. I'm not really a make-up person, heck, I don't even know how to effectively use the stuff.

When my mother learned of my ignorance in the how-tos of using the colors, she gave me a new kit of brushes and blush-ons which she also got from her mom, to experiment on. Now, the only problem is - when am I going to use it?

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Tanis said...

I don't have an answer for your question about mom's and gifts. I believe that most moms are very happy with the thought behind the gifts more than the actual gift itself......

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

i guess so... :)

thanks :D

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Psychoasianlogist said...

make-ups arent your thing, i advise u stay away from them, u'll look a lot better without those stuff =p

and it's best to make everyday special for your loved ones, we dont really need specific dates for those kinda stuff ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home