Saturday, January 20, 2007

It Is Apparent How Bored I Am

Having not yet unsubscribed from my Gender's class yahoogroups, I have the advantage of receiving the classes' lessons and agendas. It turns out that my ex-professor was giving her students an Enneagram Psychological Test - which, after I researched in the net, is aimed in determining one's driving motivations in decision making, which is divided into 9 kinds - the reformer, the helper, the motivator, the romantic, the thinker, the skeptic, the enthusiast, the leader and the peacemaker.

I took the test provided by this link, and garnered the following results.

I scored a 10 for Romantic, a 6 for Motivator and the thinker with a 3. The rest of the spectrum proves to be negative with the reformer and the peacemaker being the lowest scores of negative 9.

This is the analysis of my top 2 highest drivers:

The Romantic (the Four)
Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.

How to Get Along with Me
Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!

What I Like Being a Four
My ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
My ability to establish warm connections with people
Admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
My creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
Being unique and being seen as unique by others
Having aesthetic sensibilities
Being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

What's Hard About Being a Four
Experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
Feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
Feeling guilty when I disappoint people
Feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
Expecting too much from myself and life
Fearing being abandoned
Obsessing over resentments
Longing for what I don't have

Fours as Children Often
Have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games
Are very sensitive
Feel that they don't fit in
Believe they are missing something that other people have
Attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
Become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
Feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)

Fours as Parents
Help their children become who they really are
Support their children's creativity and originality
Are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
Are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
Are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed

The Achiever (the Three)
Achivers are energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented.

How to Get Along with Me
Leave me alone when I am doing my work.
Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental, feedback.
Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful.
Don't burden me with negative emotions.
Tell me you like being around me.
Tell me when you're proud of me or my accomplishments.

What I Like About Being a Three
Being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat
Providing well for my family
Being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge
Staying informed, knowing what's going on
Being competent and able to get things to work efficiently
Being able to motivate people

What's Hard About Being a Three
Having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence
The fear on not being -- or of not being seen as -- successful
Comparing myself to people who do things better
Struggling to hang on to my success
Putting on facades in order to impress people
Always being "on." It's exhausting.

Threes as Children Often
Work hard to receive appreciation for their accomplishments
Are well liked by other children and by adults
Are among the most capable and responsible children in their class or school
Are active in school government and clubs or are quietly busy working on their own projects

Threes as Parents
Are consistent, dependable, and loyal
Struggle between wanting to spend time with their children and wanting to get more work done
Expect their children to be responsible and organized

Source:
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele

The Enneagram Made Easy
Discover the 9 Types of People
HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages


NOTES:
And I'm taggin the equally bored plus.. Jenn, Tanis, Jourdan, Paulo and Hazel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home