Monday, February 06, 2006

Awww....

Let me correct myself. My grandparents are not legally married.

They were wed in the Chinese traditional way which is via their own surname Associations. There are no legal documents that states that the law sees them maritally bound. They are married only in the eyes of the people, but not in the eyes of the law. And yet, they managed to stay together for almost 50 years.

Just yesterday, my aunts and uncle were helping my grandmother fill up a form. I thought it was some insurance policy, until I got hold of it. It was a marriage form. After over 45 years of being together and five children as product, my grandparents are getting married... for real. I asked when, and they told me, as soon as possible. Just in time for the Valentine's season. That's so sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home