Friday, February 03, 2006

Shoot Me

This morning I went to the Canon Center in Makati. I need to have my dad's T70 SLR repaired since it was not functioning properly the last time I used it. Intially, the camera started to beep out "error" and I couldn't really point out what was causing that problem. I had it brought to Quiapo to get checked a few years back. The attendant informed me that due to a long period of non-usage, the camera's program was shocked at being suddenly utilized (for my FOTOCAM - Photography class). I had it repaired nonetheless, unfortunately I believe they tapped into some of the program that the Shutter Speed and ISO were no longer responding properly.

I had to bring it to an official Canon Center - only to learn that the camera, being more than 20 years old is obsolete and that its parts are no longer available. I insisted and the attendant finally yielded to my request for a general check-up of the SLR. I am to return after 14 days to receive a diagnosis of the problem and the quotation should there be any repairs needed. It's a 50-50 case, but I am crossing my fingers that my father's investment would not be in vain.

Damn, I miss taking pictures.. and am getting quite jealous of another friend, who received a DSLR just yesterday.. ehem.. ehem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home