Monday, February 06, 2006

Fontana Diary

Last Saturday and Sunday, my brother and I went to Fontana, Angeles, Pampanga for a He Hu Po Youth get together. Nothing much transpired on the first day, we simply went to PureGold Duty Free where I had a Cadbury splurge. The chocolates there were a lot cheaper than those in grocery stores, I just had to keep converting the dollars into pesos (in my head).

A woman, who was buying toilet seats beside me, exclaimed "Wow ang mura naman nito. Ganda pa." Curious, I looked at what she was ranting about. Turns out to be a typical toilet seat with cushions and some embroidery on the lid - Hello! You can buy a cheaper and prettier one at the Handyman Store!

My peers were in a grocery spree, buying this and that - most of the goods were imported and were not available in the market in Manila. The whole time I was thinking "I can live without these luxuries. Thank you."

------------------------------------------

Sunday.

We went to bed round 2 am. I coudn't sleep. I had the mirror facing my bed covered with a towel. I'm superstitious. I was sleeping beside the window too. Was afraid, esp. since we watched a creepy "Wag Kukurap" episode hours before. Fell asleep round 4 am. Woke up at 9.

We were making fun of Allen who made five traffic violations the night before. He sped through Fontana, overtook several cars, went past a red light, disregarded the officer's chase (he even hid from the police car, the problem was they spotted his car at the Fontana clubhouse and took away his plate numbers).

For lunch, we went to Fortune resto where we were made to wear this ugly fashion misguided association shirts. I had a small, but it was still too big for me! We had our invocation. I am one of the four vice presidents. Made a speech. Went on a karaoke duet with Allen, applauded with the tinkling of the glasses.. that won't stop! Picture picture! ;)

Went back to Manila. Went straight to Makati Med. Climbed 7 flights of stairs with my big heavy bag (only to find my dad on his way down with my siblings - offered to bring my bag back down and home - after I labored to bring it all up). Took care of my grandmother. Went home round 11pm. Zzzzzzz....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home