Thursday, April 06, 2006

We Need You, Nanny McPhee

I have a new addition to the list of movies I've watched!

My mom was very perky in reminding me to watch that particular movie to the point that I procrastinated answering my take-home examination because of this movie, and I'm glad I did.

It was a child's movie, with a whole sequence dedicated to making Colin Firth (Mr. Darcy in Bridget Jone's Diary) a complete pervert - of course, against his will. It is comical and light-hearted. Although the movie already hints out how it'll end sooner than the climax, I found the whole thing, especially the children, very endearing. I loved it.

What I liked even more was the participation of Emma Thompson as both the screenwriter and as one of the main casts. Emma Thompson, if she is one and the same, wrote the brilliant screenplay of Sense and Sensibility, a true masterpiece that gave due justice to the Austen novel.

My twist to the movie..
Bridget Jones and Mr. Darcy were married, had 7 children, and changed their names from Darcy to Brown. Bridget dies. Devastated, Mark Darcy (now, Mr. Brown) gives us his profession for that of a mortician (to be with the dead, which his wife is amongst). Thus begins the wonderful story of Nanny McPhee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home