Friday, July 14, 2006

Must Love Cats??

Some say that you could see the devil's stare in a cat's eye. Some even say that cats are bad luck and should a black one cross your path, your fate is doom. I wonder why or how all these accusations began.

After chatting with Raymond last night, I came to realize how the man-dog relationship has been so romantisized by the media, while the man-cat tandem is not given equal weight. Dogs being loyal friends and caretakers of their masters and their masters' offsprings. While cats are witches' pets or old ladies' furry companions.

Aside from the full length feature cartoon, the Aristocats, and as Raymond suggested, Garfield, I find difficulty naming a good "cat" movie - Catwoman is not considered.

I do recall the movie "Cats and Dogs" but the adorable feline, Mr. Tinkles plays the I-want-to-rule-the-world antagonist in a dog-dominated world. Notice how the cats get "bashed" in the Butch's crash course history lesson.

I couldn't really name one movie with a (real) cat for its main attraction unlike Beethoven, Wishbone and many other movies like it. Iono.. Anyone wanna volunteer an answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home