Friday, August 18, 2006

Can I Take Your Order?

Every Sunday, our family would go out for lunch - as my grandmother would justify, "So our taste buds could get a vacation from the usual foods in the house". With that in mind, I suggested that for this Sunday, I will be cooking for the family - a real new experiment, that I am now freaking out what I am going to do.

I've been skimming through my cookbook collections to make at least 3 good combinations to let my family choose which one they prefer. I never imagined drafting a menu could be so crazy, so many choices with so many ingredients - I guess texts are tricksters since the more text I see, the easily I fall into believing that the dish is rather complicated (that is, until I got to reading it).

I also proposed that my siblings contribute by helping me in the kitchen so that they'd have a taste of what happens behind the scenes. My grandmother is evidently excited since she already instructed my aunts to take orders from me regarding the ingredients I would be requiring. Now, I'm stressed.

Now I can say, never ever ever underestimate the powers of a homemaker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home