Monday, August 14, 2006

Save It!

"To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive." - Robert Louis Stevenson

After three packs of Hershey's kisses (2 milk chocolates and 1 semi-sweet), a weekload of computer radiation, stress and an unhealthy sleeping and eating schedule - I am only fearing that I'll be having another bad case of.. the pimples, ready to start it's explosive anarchy on my face.. NOOOO...

Why am I emphasizing the physical now? Just last Friday, I was caught off guard by one of my superior officers - thus gave her the opportunity to trap me into attending some no-brainer seminar. As it turns out, the moment I entered and began to listen to the speaker, I guess we can say my brain cells began to go freaky on me and my whole self-esteem became at risk to plummet into a fraction of something close to nothingness. The scheme of a cunning, uncontented system to hinder creativity and self-identity?

The seminar was on the perfect recipe on how to cook yourself an ideal, cultured lady. The proper way to sit on a chair (specifying exactly the types of the chairs and the kinds of sitting positions desirable for each one), the correct way of crossing your legs, the exact measure on how much to sit on, the ideal body size and their corresponding fashion get-ups. (And damn it, I was practically punching my guy friend while she was ranting about all these cultivation know-hows). Although most of the things that were being discussed are potential topics in the dum-dum handbook on how to build your very own Stepford wife, having to be reminded of all the ideal patterns and traits does zoom in on the simple fact that we have to be boxed into complying with a particular behavior to coexist peacefully in such a judgemental society. Perhaps its the speaker that magnifies the criteria of how people should act (of course, picking your nose and biting your nails in public are fundamental no-nos), it's just that keeping up with so many rules and standards which are very much trivial in nature does not seem all that necessary unless I intend to be some glamor queen with an Audrey Hepburn social status with a whole herd of paparazzis and spies tripping all over just to get a glimpse of me. Nobody cares that much, just know who you are, be real and try not to do anything altogether stupid, and you'll be just fine - you don't need all those minute details dictating how life should be lived, because all in all, you are not measured on how you appear, you're appreciated for who you represent.

"This is my signature walk, and this walk is gonna make me famous!" Dear, that's best saved for the press... like they'll care.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Psychoasianlogist said...

Hourglass! ^_^

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

the lecture or the gurl? haha keep fantasizing :D haha..

curvaceous! rawr.. haha:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home