Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Know, It's Not Beer...

Marjorie and her groupmates are selling ready-to-drink coffee, Cafe Loca - Barako Ice Coffee (their own concoction), in DLSU this week as a requirement for their course, Business Management. It costs 35 bucks a bottle, but for marketing purposes they made a 3-for-100 promo together with an "I-love-coffee" pin.

Being the nice friend that I am, I handed in a hundred to avail of the promo. I don't drink coffee so I don't really know how I am going to dispose of it aside from drinking it myself (since my other peers aren't too interested in the product - Jourdy told me he didn't find the taste very appealing). I informed Marjorie that I will be getting the 3 drinks on three consecutive days.

So, with my first bottle, which I got yesterday, I gulped it all down.. as in.. three big swallows.. eventually leaving me all nauseous and queasy. My head kinda spun and I was feeling all dizzy. (I'm not saying their product tastes bad though, it's pretty like every other coffee drink I've tasted before, which is not many)

Gawd, and I didn't learn my lesson cause I did the exact same thing with my drink today. And people who find out about it kept telling me, "Kat, it's not beer! it's coffee..."

At least Jemelyn got my third bottle! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home