Saturday, July 29, 2006

Did I Just Miss The Point?

During Class
Friend's cellphone vibrates. She takes it out of her bag, reads the message then returns it. Turns to me.

Friend: (Smiling) Our proposal got accepted! XXXX's been calling afternoon. He's excited as well. Our proposal got accepted!

Me: (Feeling sick) Oh, that's nice.

Friend: (Still smiling, but begins to sound whiny) but all the work. It's extra work I don't need. I have a deadline for my thesis, and the party, and the......

Me: Well, why did you pass the proposal if you foresaw all those unwanted responsibilities?

Friend: (Still smiling and still sounding really whiny) Well, we never really expected we'd get accepted. Imagine all those extra work. How are we going to pull it through... and we have only one month(continues rant...)

Me: Ugh.. You could withdraw if you feel so that you won't be able to handle it. But if you really want it, then that's the price you have to pay.

Now, I feel like I'm such a lousy friend.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

haha.. thanks.. although i feel like saying.. "oh, you mean you were actually able to get it?" so tempting..

argh! haha :) wat is it in my head right now?? :)

thanks:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home