Thursday, August 24, 2006

"My MicroMovement, My MicroRevolution"

In partial fulfillment of the requirements of my Genders class, we were required to make a scrapbook regarding our gendered selves. Trying to unearth my gendered self and mirror it in a hard copy scrapbook, after much consideration was deemed too costly, therefore I decided to convert my blog into the vehicle of which holds my project. I have learned much in the course of formulating and creating this endeavor - from html encoding to photoshopping to scrapblogging to head knocking debating. In the course of this one and a half week, I managed to complete my project with the help of people I knew from the dinosaur era and from people I recently met.

And I'd like to take this short opportunity to thank them for their "micro-movements" in molding me into the person I am right now typing away - a bit more knowledgable about the world.

--------------------------------------------

Our professor asked us to create a collage regarding our past, present and future and this is what I came up with. I would have gladly supplied it with a text that would explain my choice, but then I realized that trying to explain it's randomness may actually stifle the potential interpretations and understanding of which I am all a victim of.
Click here to view my collage.


We were also asked to decipher from within, five of our secret selves. These are what I came up with. At this point, I would like to ask for forgiveness if some of the images may prove to be quite unfavorable to the eye, it is one of my first few trials furnishing a site with a photoshop image (ideal jpeg size which I am frankly, not sure of.)If you are interested and ready to venture into my person, here are some of my.. shadows?
Click this link. Oh, by the way, my "5 secret selves" are "click-able".
Brushes are downloaded from Miss M's website, images are mostly from Google Photos

I will no longer be writing about much about my micro movement, since apparently any touch an individual makes creates a ripple effect that could shatter or build the lives of generations to come. Such a tremendous power within our beings - billions of people all around the globe blessed with such an awesome power in their selves, waiting to serve their bidding.

My micro revolution does not revolve much around action, but on words. As many have already mentioned, "the pen is mightier than the sword". Such a cliche has proven itself in many circumstances that it cannot be helped but to be repeated to others. I've kept a blog for over a year now, and it has made me grow as a person. My personal reflections running in these lines, telling the whole world my inmost thoughts regarding the many aspects of life that has introduced itself to me. In my small effort of keying in letter by letter, my thoughts to create an awareness to people beyond myself is perhaps one of my advocacies. This is my reality, and this is my twisted truths - and I hope that somehow my words would shed light, contradict, confuse, and harmonize.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Psychoasianlogist said...

great work!!! ^_^

i look at your photoshop work and i look at mine, i feel so... artistically challenged, haha!

keep it up! do u have those in your deviantart? if not, u should upload them, hehe, all of them, every single work, and i'll check regularly ^_^

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

thanks thanks guys.. much!:)

i cant upload it in deviant art since i borrowed most of the brushes i used there. it just won't be right.. :) ill try to come up with something without other peep's brushes next time as soon as i figure out how to make my own!:) thanks again!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home