Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Grounded

I am officially grounded (for a year). Why? I'm not telling! :D

This morning, I left the house at 4 in the morning to train with the DLSU Dragonboat team. We arrived at CCP close to 5 am. We had to wait for some time before the rest of the group arrived. Thank God for sports bra, and thank God I remembered to wear them - we had warm up exercises among which are my favorites (sense my sarcasm) - jogging and jumping jacks, whooee up and down! the agony! I am most grateful that I did not see any guys looking at me while I was doing those stunts! Imagine my embarassment seeing my shirt bulk up and down as I jump.

Anyways, the "orgasm" of my entry is not about my physical struggle, its more of the enlightening sensation I received after Dragonboating. When asked, I would have to say that I don't think I regret taking part of the training - it was so invigorating that I want to just keep going despite the muscular pains that were starting to bother my right arm.

The water was smelly. And the boat had small cockroaches (not the kind you see at home) crawling all over the place. It took me a split second to snap back into reality, hey no pain, no gain. The experience was really worth it.

After rowing, we rode to the university to take a bath, and my, the wonders a cold shower could do! I felt so refreshed and new, despite my extreme lack of sleep (I feel like I barely slept at all, not to mention that I am now cramming some papers due today)

----------------------------

Manila Bay was so pretty - when the sky is dark and you can't see the grime and garbage floating on its waters. The lights from the buildings not to mention the horizon was adding to the flavor of the whole experience. The sky, before dawn, was pinkish and violet, and I wouldn't have minded having a special someone around - it felt romantic (not that I am a sucker for this kinds of things). I love the fleeting moments just before the sun creeps in and spoils all the magic of semi-darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home