Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Need Some Credit

It's not that I am not a sociable person, it's just that I like to keep to myself. I do not speak much with people and do not act amiable at all times. Despite my extraverted demonstrations, which happens usually when I meet people for the first time, I am more inclined to staring into space and keeping myself in my own personal trance. And yet, even if I am such an independent individual, I do not find any fancy in being left out especially in circumstances when I am directly a source. Let me explain.

Last Thursday, I received a text message from a representative of ABS-CBN's Y-Speak. He was searching for Filipino-Chinese volunteers who would be willing to act as audiences for their special Chinese New Year episode - which talks about inter-racial relationships. It was forwarded to me by my mother in the hope that my Lasallian peers may find interest in it. I immediately sent it to the president of the organization who disbursed the information to his members with swiftness. Unfortunately, being the source of the message, I wasn't informed of their compliance until the day itself. And saying, "ay, di ka pala nainform." Damn it! Not to mention, the other members were treating me rather like an invalid, talking about it and acting like I didn't know shit about it (but heck they don't know I gave them that opportunity). I received no message of gratitude or whatsoever. I am human too, at least give me some credit. I do want credits for some things I do. Please and Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home