Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sell Me A Playboy Bunny

Yestersday's efforts for my Marketing Salesmanship proved to be worthwhile. I had sold more than 2 thousand pesos worth of products, not to mentioned secured the contact numbers of Cannon and Intel personnels who are potential customers. In the competition to gain the most number of sales, not to mention to meet a quota of 25 thousand, I've been pushed inexorably into the world with little confidence from my immediate relatives since they believed in the philosophy that by aiding me in this feat, they are really denying me my deserved education.

-----------------------

In an attempt to introduce my products to my friend, Mark, I brought him to Harrison Plaza to check out the Nike products available. On our way out, we did experience quite a peculiar event. A woman with a sleeping child came up to me and inquired whether I was also Chinese. I replied my approval to her presumption and she answered in straight chinese if she could borrow my cellphone. Mark and I had to take a minute of thought before Mark resolved to lend her his mobile phone since mine was out of credit. Once she keyed in her husband's number, she began to curse at him in a loud voice that Mark and I feared the child would wake. Apparently, she had been looking for him all over SM and couldn't find him, only to learn he was shopping at the third floor of the said establishment.

By the way, on our way back to our school, I found a run over maya bird. May its soul rest in peace.

-----------------------

Grandmother is alarmingly in pain. She had collapsed earlier this morning which caused her mouth to bleed profusely. Thankfully our driver, chicken to drive the streets in a color coded vehicle, had to bring me home - which allowed me to be witness to my aunt trying to care for her. Today is her Chinese birthday, the twentieth of December. There's noodles on our dining table, and yet the poeple in our household felt little enthusiasm to eat. My grandfather, particularly, was so wrecked that he kept returning in and out of the room and wouldn't even swallow a bite of his noodles in worry for my grandmother.

Her feet were rather cold, and it was suggested that I massage her legs and knees. I tried to warm her feet too by placing blankets over them and rubbing them. She was in such a wrecked sight that I had to leave the room a couple times to ease my tears, I cannot allow her to see me crying. And when she whispered that I leave to go to school, I cried all the way out of the house. It was an unexplanable episode, a constant blaming of oneself why I didn't go up last night and stayed with her and all those stupid regrets that could have been avoided should I have done something else rather than indulge in playing Freecell with my favorite music blaring in the background.

-----------------------

My brother is such a buffoon. Yesterday he kept reiterating how much he has grown, and in order to counter his claims I answered, I should be as tall as you had it not gone to my chest area. He mocked, imagine your boobs on your head, then he placed his cupped hands on his hair and begin pursuing - if they loosen up later on, imagine what you'd look like, and my thought? The Playboy bunny.. so that's why. And I was arguing why didn't they choose a hamster instead. No, my brother replied, convenient drinks.

He also mentioned about God's reason for creating the sun. The sun creates wrinkles, which represents of age. Age means closeness to death. And so God created the sun for us to die. And I was like... right!...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home