Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Real Live Soap Opera

Relationships are rather hard to keep. Like pets and plants, they are in need of constant care and attention, lest they go astray and break one's heart. An incident occured last Sunday to one of my good friends. I cannot relate their names so I would hide them in pseudonyms instead.

My friend, Girl, has a boyfriend, Boy1. They had a break-up earlier last year. Girl went with me to a party where she met Boy2. Girl kinda liked Boy2, but didn't pursue him nor did he pursue her. Boy1 and Girl eventually became an item again.

Recently Girl and Boy2 met and had a good chat. One time, I went to an internet station to meet Girl. After a while, Boy2 comes in. Girl and Boy2 recognize each other and begins chatting. Boy2 asks for Girl's friendster account. At the same time, I got Boy1's IM id so I could communicate with him regarding our intended surprise party for Girl.

Girl admitted to me that she did like Boy2. He was cute. I replied, "He's nerdy." Yes, Boy2 was lanky and looked like a boy who lives on a daily dose of LAN games.

Sunday. I was online. Chat with Boy1. Inform Boy1 of plans. Boy1 approves. Suddenly Boy1 asked me if I know Boy2 since he noticed the new addition in his girlfriend's frienster account. I mentioned truth that I did not know the guy and just met him at an acquaintance party and that Girl had gotten a nice conversation with him recently. He responded that Girl had related a completely opposite story. Girl did not know Boy2, Boy2 is my friend. Girl and Boy2 never spoke a word to each other. Now, I'm trapped.

I called up Girl. Informed her. Girl admits to lie. We both panic. Boy1 was calling her cellphone. Girl hesitates to answer. I told Girl that I would save the IM conversation in my Drafts folder then gives her my passwords. Girl answer's Boy1's call.

Girl texts me, and informs me that she wishes Boy1 would break up with her. Boy1 never lets her have any other guy friends. Boy1 limits her acquaintances. Boy1 gives her too many material gifts which she does not want. Then Girl says, Boy2 came at the right time. Just when they broke up and now.

Now, I'm lost. I don't know how their story will end. Panoorin ang susunod na kabanata ng....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home