Monday, March 06, 2006

Chauvinism!!! I Hate Being A Rib!

For this term, I am expected to sell 25 thousand worth of products. I've succeeded in selling past the quota by mid-February and I'm beginnning to get tired of going to places and persuading people to consider purchasing the products I'm selling. I've even reached companies which surprisingly is owned by one of my classmates in the same class. His father was kind enough to allow me to talk to the employees of the office during lunch hours, and from there did I get a sufficient portion of my sales.

Last night, my mom and brother accompanied me to kuya Andy's apartment, my middleman, who helps me get people interested in the wares I sell. His room is on the second floor of a karaoke bar in our barangay. After we made the business transactions and inventory check, mom nagged that she still has tons of papers to do at home, which cut the visit short. On the way home, mom scolded me.

She was aware that I come often to Andy's apartment to conduct business, but she did not anticipate me to be alone with him in his room. Considering the wild scenario on the first floor, I am scolded for putting myself in such a compromising situation. In my mind, I was thinking, "If you won't help me do business, I need people to help me.", but instead, I nodded and let her jabber on. When we got home, she had to inform my dad, who burst into a fury forbidding me to go back to that place. "You're a girl, not a boy." Damn.. Chauvinism....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home