Sunday, January 28, 2007

All Men Are Jerks... Until Proven Otherwise

Tis strange what a man may do, and a woman yet think him an angel.
William Thackeray (1811-1863), Henry Esmond

After almost three years of waiting, my friend has finally returned my book to me. "All Men Are Jerks... Until Proven Otherwise" was a book I pestered my mom into buying for me when I was in second year high. High school was, for most, the time of rebellion against the common norms of being in a relationship with a guy or perhaps simply sourgraping over the fact that nobody would care to notice her. This book has managed to capture my attention for the simple need of being noticed as one of those deviants. As expected, it caused many of my guyfriends to react violently upon reading the intial title and not bothering to read the disclaimer at the bottom.

I never believed this book would be of great assistance to me in the future since I am not particularly inclined into believing that my life or my decisions ought to be based primarily on the fickle biases of a bitter woman who tries to masquerade a whole independence against the opposite sex. Although she notes many good information as "women create the jerks they complain about" and that women ought to be willing to set up for a disappointment since men will be men and all such observations, I am still skeptical over her overall approach or of what she really wants to convey. It is an interesting read though since there are quite a number of juicy hearsays and rumors about the dramas of other women's lives. And if you need some reminders, especially when your man is not exactly the ideal mirror of your prince charming, and you crave that surge of GIRL POWER YEAH, then I guess this may be the book for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home