Sunday, January 28, 2007

Soldier, Soldier Will You Marry Me?

It's already been a year since my cousin in the US got married. She is barely a year older than I am which apparently disturbed many of my relatives. She eloped on the 30th of June through civil marriage - almost the same time my aunt, my mom's and her dad's sister got married. The shock didn't really sink in as deeply as it has now, now that I've got the time to check out her myspace account and get to watch her wedding slideshow. I got kinda emo watching her take her vow and the thought "damn, she's married.. so young." I find it quite weird to see her jump from being independent little me into a duo - the transition of being a single into a married.. a girlfriend into a wife - the jump is mind rattling to me.

Now, she's one of those brave heroic brides waiting for her soldier to come home from Afghanistan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home