Saturday, October 29, 2005

Conversations of Reconcilation

TODAY'S THE LAST DAY OF THE OCTOBERFEST - and still I haven't celebrated the event! Man! I'm such a LOSER!

---------------------------

Finally, I have watched Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. It was haunting and dark, and I am so inlove with Victor. I would have liked Victor to be married to Emily though, she seems a lot sweeter than Victoria. A great deal more interesting really, but considering should the plot be that way, Victoria would eventually end up in the land of the dead, and thus wouldn't Victor be torn between two women? On a more graver note, how can one fall in love in a minute or less? On second thought, play me a song on the piano and I'll grovel at your feet.

I loved the way Emily and Victor reconciled, it was the most romantic moment in the movie. Playing the piano side by side. Unfortunately though, I can't really play the instrument, I can only uio (spelling suggested by my classmate, (widow -according to my mom)). I wish I'd have a relationship like that, would really be an intersting thing noh?

Talking about reconcilation, my friend and I have at last begun to sort out the threads of our petty little situation. He and his male ego, and myself and my own big ego. Okay, so he said sorry first and I kinda extended the whole thing to a couple of weeks, the least. It was a misunderstanding that I cannot really say to be glad to have occured, yet am glad that it did- I enjoy arguments - worrying about things you shouldn't worry about had you did something else.

In the course we ended up conversing about my um.. let me say constant desire for deviation, which he finds rather un-amusing.

Me - Thinking about it, apologies are not confined to words, although they convey your meaning quite efficiently, words can be just mere words. I'm a cynic, what else is new? In addition that it was magnified realizing how much you seem to detest me for my ideas and at times, actions.

Ben - Only the heartless rejoice in the pain of others.. No matter how much I may resent a person, I would still feel guilt if I had wronged him, much more in your case since you are a close friend, I admit I do not agree with most of your actions and opinions, and I find your disregard for rules and laws to be troubling, but I will not severe our friendship just because of that.

Me -I don't think this particular argument is getting us anywhere, may I suggest we end it?
- The norms dictate and yet it is us who act. It is ideal to follow rules and yet it is partially giving up our democracy.

Ben - Hmm.. I've been honest with how I feel about your ideas and actions.. But am sorry that I wasn't as understanding as I could be.. I really am uptight.. Even with rules :)
- Freedom is an illusion.. For to have absolute freedom means sacrificng the freedom of others.. It is a measure of one's maturity to respect laws placed to protect what degree of freedom is allowable.

Me - Freedom is not at all a true concept. For freedom involves the interplay of one's onceness and thus we cannot deviate from its consequences regardless of our place in the chain of events. If we speak of freedom to the max which could be lent to us, rules are a form of discipline which stifle the very nature of freedom.
- Thinking about it, to have a nature is by itself contrary to the concept of freedom. And thus to be deviant by itself is to be captured into the box of rebellion, which is by itself another form of entrapment - no man could possibly have utterly complete freedom.
(At this point, I've absolutely contradicted myself and thus surrendered - Ben won this round!)

While on the topic of common sense and freedom,

Me - if it is against man's nature to kill, why do we kill?

Ben - You got a point there.. I could say that I don't want to kill which can be disputed by the fact that I like playing violent games.. Perhaps its just self preservation.. Haha ewan.

Now we're back on track.. Friends again.
(I love conversations like these! Welcome to my world!)

Another point of question in my head before I end this entry:
If it is true that demons and angels put ideas in our heads, like devils and their temptations or diabolical schemes and angels and their honest to goodness plots to aid humanity.. then is there really any idea that we actually do come up with? other than of course, "Free Will"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home