Thursday, October 20, 2005

Serenade Me, Please?

A Wednesday couldn't have been more stressful. At this point, I would like to express my utmost gratitude to my friends who have been so supportive of me and of the endeavor, which I have submitted myself to undertake. One friend in particular had been with me not only throughout the whole production (formal and informal forms of rehearsals, in addition to countless encouraging words which has boosted my confidence despite its at times de-constructive nature) of the presentation; she had been with me as confidante and a pacifier to all the blows of reality which has riddled and thus destroyed the mundane quality of my week. And for that and all else which she had done for me, I am exceptionally grateful.

Few are acquainted of the events that have corrupted the unflustered nature of my week - which would more or less drag on for a month or so depending largely on the ease as to how long a volcano forgets its eruption. I would not take the liberty of elaborating its details here since I understand it to be of a grave personal sort. The presentation, on the other hand, is far more exciting and less daunting occurrence which I intend to focus on for this entry.

The presentation, which was executed by myself and a talented young chap (from Xavier, God!), garnered many positive remarks from our peers and audience, despite occasional criticisms regarding... (that which cannot be said, will not be said). We practiced our song number for.. (I deduce to be) three if not two weeks with a duration of an hour, once a week, until the week of the event proper, which forced us to practice more longer hours - cramming the song, not to mention the choreography which was considered a day or two before the presentation itself. I wonder how we managed to pull it off and yet I am very proud of the feat - yes I am vain. I guess, for most part, I had the upper hand with regards to the presentation since we sang my "signature song", while he had to "play along" with my whims for I am the current choirmaster of our organization's choir division.

I am most impressed by his confidence during the presentation that I cannot help but smile occasionally. I dare say he was a convincing actor, with an undeniably soothing voice. Listening to him (repeatedly, in a video clip of our performance), makes me seem to fall for him, although not in a lustful manner, but more on feeling a connection with him and his song. I cannot explain the whole situation in this entry, but I have to be honest that performing with him seems to "endanger" me to a certain inexplicable magnetism towards him.

I do have to admit that I have a soft spot for sensitive men - more specifically "artistic intellectuals"as my friend coined the term in describing my taste for males. I am drawn towards males who are capable of expressing their ideas freely, unbridled by fear that society might reject his thoughts. I do love men who could be creative in their dealings with me, capable of integrating beauty, art and nature in their endeavors. Innovation perhaps is key in winning my favor. More so, I love artists - regardless of whether it is the visual, musical or culinary - for they bring forth the "spice" which I seek in my unattached life.

When I was in high school, I often hope a guy would, despite its already worn-out and traditional characteristic (I mean nobody does this kind of thing anymore!), serenade me. (Until now, it still has never happened except perhaps in make-believe, and do I actually hope for some Prince Charming to come with a guitar and sing me some romantic lullaby? Heck I don't even want to hear any Air Supply or David Pomeraz songs! Not to mention, if he can't sing then its better that he stay away from trying to do so) It was the only thing that has caught my fancy compared to the usual chocolates and flowers, which many are so fond of, and which I detest mainly because of its lack of originality and thought. A male's voice following a melody is perhaps, for me, the most personal and intimate confession of love that I could possibly imagine. No wonder Elvis Presley won the hearts of many fans, his voice actually melts my heart (especially Are You Lonesome Tonight?).

To "my Raoul" - you were a wonderful and sensational partner and I am truly honored to have performed with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home