Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Near Death Experience

An hour and a half. I'd only have to wait so long before it would officially be the first of November. Another long day to be spent in the company of the dead as well as the not so dead. I admit that the whole ritual of waiting around could be considered as a complete waste of time, and with the consideration that the traffic of physical bodies in the cementary could completely destroy the peace and tranquility I seek whenever I am there makes the event seem more dragging. And yet, it is tradition and cultural to pay one's respects to the deceased - yet I ask, when the ones who care for the dead die and the family members all transfer their prayers to the newly deceaseds, would that signify one's dying lack of respect towards the ones who died earlier?

I am really stuffed today since we ate in the Japanese restaurant of my grandfather's friend, and she kept serving us the house delicacies for free or for a discounted price. Tomorrow, we would be faced with the same open zipper, big belly predicament. We would be forced to eat good food with relatives who I have little concern for. I am not much of a fan of eating, although my body size would say otherwise. I wonder why I could consume about three cupfuls of rice without feeling stuffed when I was in my first year of college, and now, I could barely finish a cupful of rice without complaining how full I am.

My friend keeps taunting me that if we'd ever get into an argument, he'd really get sacked because of my size. Its not such a big deal that I have a reservoir of lard under my skin, and yet when it is constantly repeated to you to go for exercise or on a diet, it does become frustrating. I don't have any intention of gaining a physique like Paris Hilton or the anorexic frame of the Tim Burton puppets - I am already content with my current body figure. I just wish people would somehow give me a break. If they can't handle the fact that I am happy with the way I look, tell me then please have the decency to quit reminding me or if worse comes to worse, just leave me alone. Please. Life is complicated as it is without me having to worry how I fit in the standards of other people other tan myself.

I am not a big fan of diets, I believe that to eat is divine. I should be thankful that I have food to feed my mouth rather than none at all. I get all the exercise I could need from the daily strenous activities I get into - from carrying the electronic piano to the third floor, to running back and forth to walking Taft Avenue - I don't think that the gym, though is the most common way, is the only means in which I person could "exercise". Moving by itself is exercise.

----------------------

My brother and I almost left the laptop in the Japanese restaurant. Good thing my younger brother was naggy enough to allow us to remember. Its a definite near death experience. I would have died on the spot if we didn't find it. Thank God for kind waiters and waitresses - of - not to mention my grandfather's association-mate/owner.

We are currently into Quest For Glory 5. I've completed QFG1 and partially QFG2. One needs the handbook to complete the game - unfortunately, being the disorganized person that I am, I can't remember the secret place where I kept it - or did I keep it? We also played QFG3 and 4, completing the 3 and not the 4. Now QFG5 proves to bind me and my brothers together in anticipation of the next Rite to Rulership Quest. I intend to marry the vampiress Katrina of QFG4 by saving her in the realm of Hades (I am a wizard and thus is compatible). My younger brother (a paladin) intends to marry the warrior princess who also wants to rule Silmaria, Elsa von Spielberg of QFG1. My other brother (a fighter) on the other hand, upon realizing that my younger bro wants Elsa decides to try to win the enchantress Erana's heart. Among the four women who we could court and marry (including Nawari, the prostitue for the thief), the most difficult to woo is Katrina and thus I am enticed by the challenge.

According to my brother's information guide from the internet, she's the most materialistic of all. She also does not like the character to flirt with other characters aside from herself. I've learned that in QFG4, she was the traitor who sacrificed Erana in order to summon the evil one. Unfortunately, when our character, the Hero, comes to battle the evil one, she decides to sacrifice her own life for my victory, since she has "fallen inlove" with the character somehow. She's one interesting babe, with the hood and all, I think I don't mind being pushed around by someone like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home