Saturday, November 05, 2005

Mission Accomplished

Mission No 1. Have enough sleep, wake up for vocalization

That would have simply been easy had there been no complications added. I wouldn't really call what happened last night "sleep". I woke up several times for no apparent reason, felt like I didn't go through any REMs or did I acknowledge any sleep - like I just closed my eyes and opened them - but time magically crossed 5 hours. I could blame it on the fact that I was given the "honor" to sleep on my dad's reclining chair since he needs to rest on the bed (for his bone fracture). The reclining chair would probably be one of my dad's most important possessions after his cellphone and laptop, this is where I reckon he would be performing his daily rituals of manliness (elaborations need not be given here). Thus, my mom being a religious fanatic taped several exorcism prayers on the chair which irritated me when I actually slept on the chair since the tapes eventually gets loose and the stickiness would either attach itself onto one's pillows, blankets, even onto one's skin.

Upon waking up, I immediately went to the children's room to continue reading Groyon's Sky Over Dimas, I have gone farther compared to most of my previous attempts in reading the said novel. It was good, really - and I'm beginning to get drawn to the family history of the Jarabases. In the course of my reading, my mom broke my concentration by texting on my cellphone that I'd have to tutor my little sister her spelling words, adverbs and irregular verbs. I was alarmed since it was already 11 and I have auditions by 1. My dad happened to receive a similar message and thus told me to call my mom. The episode ended with my mom reprimanding me on the phone and banging it rudely. (I hate it when that happens) Thus, I was stuck to teaching my sister "english".

While teaching her though, I took the liberty of vocalizing. My brother, I thought, stole the computer again where I stored all my vocalizations so I had to bring out my friend's bulky electric organ to practice.

Mission No 2. Have resume printed

I ended the lesson by 2. My dad consented me to take leave. I had to ride a jeepney since there were no other modes of transportation available at home, as well as for the fact that I have only 60 pesos in my wallet. When I arrived at Morayta, I went to a computer shop to have my resume printed. (Funny, after my resume was printed, the guy at the computer shop texted me an hour later asking me if I could be his friend. Man! well, also he was kind to thank me for visiting his shop)

Mission No 3. Be at the auditions

I arrived at the auditions at 4 pm, where I exhausted all my 60 bucks since I had to ride a tricycle demanding 30 pesos from me. Running out of time, I had to take the offer. I arrived last and to my dismay, the production was not as grand as I had initially expected it. It was a small scale Les Miserables concert organized for Filipino Chinese youths. My cousins and the other participants are all students of the judge, which leaves me rather out of place. But in all totality, I believe I have exhibited my singing as well as acting prowess convincingly in contrast to the others (which I blame to my more advanced age from a year to a decade - although there are a number of older participants). I am, in my belief, rather inept in singing compared to the other singers who have constantly been exposed to such.

Mission No 4. Get home

The auditions concluded at 5 pm. I texted my mother to inform her of my need of transportation to get home. She replied to be done in Chiang Kai Shek by 5, unfortunately, when I walked towards the school, I learned she left by 4:30. I called home to find her resting at home. Having no more cash in my wallet, I had to take the initiative to find a way. I texted one of my peers, and although she replied, I have already walked all the way to Recto by then. Walking back and forth the two Chiang Kai structures disappointingly to find my mother not there was tiring enough, so when I had resolved to walk from Binondo all the way home, I was aware that I would be subjecting myself not only to physical pain (my feet hurt at night badly whenever I walk too much) but also to the risk of danger since I walked a little before 6. I arrived home by 7 pm.

I've learned and observed many things on the streets which I would have easily dismissed had I been riding a vehicle. The sights and smells of each location are highlighted and emphasized more effectively. I walked all the way to FEU, where I took a shortcut to Espana. It was not as tiring as I thought it would be, although by the time I reached UST I could already feel the pangs on my feet with every step that I take. I could blame it perhaps on the fact that my feet still have some sort of injury from my constant ankle strains.

I thank my lucky star though that I did not encounter any drug addicts or perverts who are potential dangers on the street. Although I counted a minimum of five guys who whispered under their breaths when I passed by "Hello Ganda", "Mag-ingat ka ha", "Wow bola!" and all sorts of comments and greetings, I ignored them completely as I always do.

I am thankful also that I am aware of the roads that could lead me home - more importantly, good crowded roads where I could easily be seen by passers by just in case some nutcase would try to take advantage of me. It was an exceptional experience - I am proud of myself.

Additional Deed

My brothers and I finished the QFG5, unfortunately I have failed to make my character marry Katrina. Being the persistent player that I am, I am considering replaying the whole game in order to try winning her heart by other means since I stupidly deleted or overwritten previous saved games.

Missions Accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home