Sunday, November 06, 2005

Purified Me

Tired, tired, tired. This is how I would describe the day.

I woke up earlier than usual for my Religion Three community service where we were expected to tutor the children of Singalong. The children were intensely playful that our energy supply seemed completely inadequate to entertain, not to mention just hold the attention of the whole bunch.

When I arrived home, I asked our maid to kindly cook me some fried rice of my preference. I often ask them to do some interesting combinations which often times I end up regretting, but the point is - at least I know. I love combining this with that, that sometimes when I cook, I believe that the delicacy I would come up with would be completely be appreciated by my own consumption and pleasure. I asked the cook to slice and cook some ham, fry them, add garlic, salt and then rice. After, season the rice mixture with curry powder, some basil, some oregano powder and ground pepper. I was tempted to add egg into the whole mixture but later decided otherwise. When the rice was transfered onto a bowl, I told her to grate some cheese above the rice. The whole thing is later topped with a fried egg. And the whole experiment tasted good - for me that is.

My mom asked me to wash the dishes, even the ones which I did not contribute to the pile of soiled kitchen utensils. Thus I came up with this thought - being helpful is to do something which is not expected of you to do but must be done in order to spare another the inconvenience of doing what you are expected to have taken the initiative to do. In simplier terms, people are in some way hoping that you'd somehow sympathize and meddle with their situation by extending as much aid as possible. When it comes to my mother, being helpful loses it meaning to me, since rather than being a voluntary act, it becomes duty.

My sister being the goody mama's girl that she is, quickly responded when I was washing the dishes which irritated me since she was distracting me or becoming such an obstacle in my endeavor and thus rather than dismissing her blantantly because of being a nuisance, I just left the whole affair to her to complete.

One can be helpful for some, but nosy for others. In my opinion, helpfulness comes best when asked rather than expected.

-----------------------

I have just gone through a detoxifying session. My grandmother after having been inflicted with a disease had begun to propagate proper health and nutrition to our family and thus all sorts of novel inventions or acclaimed products that promote well being are easily considered. The idea of detoxifying is said to be a newly introduced process here in the Philippines wherein one's bodily toxins as well as negative emotions are pulled out from one's feet and into a plastic bin of knee high warm water. A heater-like sphere is placed into the water where one's feet would also be placed. One is asked to remove all sorts of metal from one's body as to not interfere with the machine's processes.

After forty minutes, my water yielded an almost black liquid which everybody commented to be of an extreme case. My secretions were far more darker compared to my parents and siblings which I attribute to my high intake of processed foods like bacon and ham, not to mention my unapplauded ability to harbor anger and pain for a really long periods of time without any form of positive sublimation. The man who facilitated the whole procedure called it my "confession box.", my mother on the other hand compared it to my soul. Black in, black out. And I acknowledged that in some way it is true. I was informed that constant exposure to radiation emitted from computers and televisions are potential culprits as well. In addition, white bread and other white products as salt and sugar prove to be toxic to the body.

My water had red spots which they call my blood clots, orange from detoxifying my liver I think, brown from potential nicotine intakes or second hand nicotine exposure, black from metals drawn from softdrink cans and mercury from fishes. All in all, the encouraged 14 sessions could be completed within a month or two, since the process could be repeated two days after.

It is called detoxifying spa, and the people handling it go directly to your house, clips on the machine to your plugs and start removing your bodily as well as emotional grimes and baggages. Most of their customers were said to have lost weight, gained joint flexibilities and all sorts of miracles- including the erasure of grave diseases as cancer and diabetes. Another of its positive effects, they testify is the uplifting of one's well being. I guess, after that episode, I'm more enlightened, more calm, more peaceful - else this is some sort of placebo effect on me.

I wonder if the pimples on my face would disappear after this session. If it does then...

What the world needs now is not love, its the detoxifying spa. World Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home