Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Snot Riddled Entry

I feel one thing today. Sick. Yesterday I woke up with a running nose, now my body feels feverish plus I've almost finished three rolls of tissue papers. My nose is swollen and red! Rudolf, the Red Nose Asshole.

Mom attributes it to the fact that like to walk around the house without my slippers. The technicians of the detoxfying spa informed me though that fever is sometimes a potential effect from the sudden departure of my bodily toxins. I, on the other hand blame it on the idea that I drank a whole bottle of ice cold C2 even when my body was already shivering in my parents' airconditioned room, not to mention that I haven't been eating my medicine (tien chit, vitamin C and brain invigorating pills) lately. I also haven't been drinking the 2500 pesos worth of Xango fruit juice which my grandmother encourages us to drink daily (30 cc). Man! I hate medicines.

The whole family is now sleeping in my parents' quarters - my siblings' favorite room to sleep in. I, on the other hand, thus require at least five thick blankets just to warm my body and normalize its temperature. The ice queen is struck at last.

I doubt my mom is going to read this entry so I am going to be sharing this story. One time, earlier this year I suddenly had a bad case of food poisoning. I think its because I had fish sisig in a warehouse supermarket with my aunt. My companions (aunt and driver) didn't go through the same ordeal though. I kept throwing up, shitting liquids and was groggy the whole day. This lasted for about two to three days, later on the symptoms came in longer intervals.

My mom being concerned, brought me and my brother (who was constipated for like two to three weeks) to the hospital. The doctor examined us, made a mockery at the fact that my brother and I had two completely opposite cases then made the prescription. Diligently, my mom bought the neccessary medicines, complaining how we managed to drain her wallet with just one visit to the doc.

My brother, to the best of my knowledge, did as he was told. I on the other hand, left all my medicines in my cabinet drawer and was completely self healed within a couple more days - no more nausea, no more diarrhea.

I know I should feel guilty.

--------------------

I just finished Groyon's Sky Over Dimas, and thus found my teacher more admirable. It was funny though that his manner of writing sometimes mimic the way he discusses his lessons in class that I smile occassionally when faced with his "trademark" phrases. Overall, the book was worth the read and I wonder why I kept procrastinating. It took me three to four attempts before I finally took up the patience and courage to continue further which I later learned to be so worth my time. I enjoyed the book despite the fact that it was laden with all sorts of big words.

I am not up to discussing or critisizing the contents of the novel here though. I lift the responsibility to whoever reading to either take my word for it that it was an enjoyable read (even when I did get lost by the end), or to make their own critique of the book. I am biased in my judgement, bear in mind, for he is one of my favorite professors.

I guess that being sick does have its positive effects, I end up reading more. I've been reading so many books lately that I am hopeful for another trip to the bookstore to buy some more. I need books. I want books. Somebody get me something decent to read!

------------------------

Today is my sister's birthday. I still don't know what to give her. Feels like an ordinary day, a nothing special day - but why is it that birthdays seemed to have a certain brightness, a particular happiness when I was young. Now, it seems like just another day to pass, nothing significant. Why do we celebrate birthdays? Is it mainly because society says its special when in reality its just a simple commemoration of the day you were born? Why should we even bother when we were born, does it matter that much?

A-choo.. Bless me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home