Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Ultimate Love Song

After years of exposure to Selena's Dreaming of You, I begin to find myself fatigued and disgusted whenever a lovesick girl would start belting it out. It seems to be any lovesick girl's fantasy for her dream guy to suddenly confess to her his hidden feelings of love. Oh sure.. Doesn't really happen all the time though.. I prefer sticking to this song.. It's bittersweet and it comes with a really catchy tune that I just love - or is it because I adore the Tim Burton movie where the song debuted. Oh well.. At least, I am trying to ring in the sense of Christmas.

Sally's Song
Nightmare Before Christmas

I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be

What will become of my dear friend?
Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last

And will we ever end up together?
no, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Tanis said...

I love that movie, now i'll have to dig it out and watch it........

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

haha... :) enjoy tanis! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home