Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Domesticated Me

I feel so domesticated. Last Sunday, I didn't participate in our usual family outing with my grandmother since I spent almsot the whole day fixing my dresser - transferring piles and piles of my clothes back into the antique drawer I used when I was a little girl. I realized that I have so many shirts which have been hanging there for the longest time, but I never really took pleasure in wearing. Perhaps it's simply because most are the clothes my mom bought for me back when she had this weird thought of having some unnaturally pregnant-obese daughter with watermelon tits. I mean, polo shirts that look real good are wasted on me since they don't have the right "fit" to my body type - wearing them makes me look ballooned 20 pounds heavier. But I guess, everybody has unwanted clothes that they keep in their closets.. right?

Also, it's a routine now that every Sunday is my cooking day. This is the day where I can experiment and try out the recipes I've collected over the years. So far, I've been garnering good results. Last Sunday, I made pepper-chili chops, fried and steamed dumplings and java rice. Mom made chicken corn soup and rellenong bangus. This is good practice.. I think..

My table has been reorganized and I think I'll post a picture of it when I'm already completely satisfied with the way I fix it.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Tanis said...

I know that everytime I get into my closet, I'll notice something that I haven't worn in a long time and think about throwing it out, but then I think that I'll probably wear it before long and just leave it. Now my closet is about full of old things I never wear and a small space for the things I do wear........

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

:) it's a real hassle.. sometimes I just want to give them away.. then i also come into the realization that who knows, in a couple more years time I'd be able to wear em.. only to find out 5 years later that they are still unwearable as ever!...

ugh....

the irony of having too many things is the impossibility of using them all the time. (or.. at all)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home