Thursday, November 10, 2005

Put A Bag Over My Face

I am such a loser. Thank God for vanity.

Before I went to class, I decided to go check myself on the mirror. I wondered my shirt seemed to have all these loose threads and said to myself, heck maybe its cause its all worn out already, been wearing the shirt for months now. And then it struck me, why can I see all the seams? Why are the overlapping edges visible? Checked the whole shirt, front and back, then I ran in one of the cubicles. FUCK!

Okay, how the heck did this happen?

Last night after I took a bath and before I sleep, I'd arrange all the things I'll be needing for the next day. A nightly ritual, if you must call it. Having deviated from my planner's daily fashion schedule , I began trying to experiment with my more um.. not so worn shirts and skirts. I took out a violet and brown crisscross ankle length skirt I inherited from my grandmother. I have never worn it and have no idea what shirt to pair it with. Asking tips from my mother didn't seem to be of any help (aside from her suggestions of potential color combinations) since she kept taking out all her unwanted shirts and passing them on to me (which candidly, are still oversized for my body frame, but she kept insisting that they're just fine and my mindset is just too stuck with the spandex generation). Finding no help from my mom, I decided to mix and match, wear the skirt and try on different shirts until I find one to compliment it. I found one which my mom disapproved of, but my dad said to be more tasteful compared to my mother's more insistent choices. When I removed the shirt though, I forgot to turn it outside in.

I woke up with my cellphone vibrating under my pillow. My friend was calling my cellphone to tell me she's outside our gate. Every Wednesday I ride with her to school. Alarmed that I didn't wake up in time, I jumped off the bed, told her some lie to somehow direct her to patience, did my morning ritual then wore the clothes I set aside. And thus, pandemonium!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home